Our overarching CSR strategy is the Road to Zero — our ambition to achieve Zero Harm, Zero Waste and Zero Emissions.
We see ensuring a safe working environment and positive safety culture as fundamental to our business, and we strive to ensure our business activities do not impact on the communities in which we operate and that our vehicles travel through.
We also work hard to be as efficient as we can, maximising loads on every route, reducing the number of journeys we make and ensuring we incorporate the latest technology into our work.
Some of our latest achievements include:
- Reducing CO2 per vehicle kilometre by 12.3%
- Reducing CO2 per square foot of warehouse space by more than 60%
- Increasing liquid loads per tanker by an average 4.2% by using a lightweight chassis
- Using longer semi-trailers, double-deck and triple-deck trailers to reduce road miles
- Installing solar panels at our Wakefield site which will generate around 200,000 kWh of renewable energy per year, helping to avoid more than 50 tonnes of annual CO2 emissions
To find out more detail please download a copy of our Environmental Report here:
Environment & Sustainability Report 2020